Commonly Reported Vizio TV Problems

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

vizio_logo_ratings_box_logoTechnology has no doubt come a long way over the years and continues to advance rapidly. Of course, it is far from perfect and there are a number of things that can go wrong with any given household appliance or gadget. There are some very impressive televisions on the market these days. Vizio, for example, offers an array of LCD, LED, and plasma models in all sizes. Any of these common Vizio TV problems may arise at any time throughout the life of the set.

Perhaps the most common complaint regarding Vizio TVs is the appearance of a blank black screen even when the set is switched on and the indicator light is glowing. The screen may still light up in some instances, but in either case the screen remains blank. This issue is usually corrected by replacing the power board, but there are several other things that could be the culprit, like the backlight converter, the T-con board, or even just a faulty screen itself. If a repair shop does not have all of the LCD TV parts that could possibly be causing the problem readily available, they may need to order them all in order to single out the guilty part, which can get rather pricey.

Faulty remotes are another common issue. This is one of the much easier and inexpensive Vizio TV problems to fix. Usually this is due to a bad IR sensor or a loose wire and the parts can generally be found online for less than 20 bucks. If the cause is unknown, just replacing the remote altogether is also fairly easy and of course less expensive than dealing with a problem with the TV itself.

Commonly reported Vizio TV problems also include sound-related issues. This may be a matter of faulty speakers or disconnected wires, which are both easily remedied. If it is an issue with the main unit, then it will be a little more difficult and expensive to fix.

There are many shops offering LCD TV repair services. Purchasing an extended warranty is usually advised to cover the cost of potential expensive repairs and replacements but you will need to rely on your judgment on whether the price of the extended warranty will truly be worth it (most of them are quite pricey).

Sources:

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

400 Responses to “Commonly Reported Vizio TV Problems”

Read below or add a comment...

1. Bertha wooten says:

I have a Vizio tv model number m420nv there is no sound. Picture is perfect

2. Chuck says:

My 55 inch is several years old and started freezing up, pixiling and randomly turns off. Is this common and is there a fix for it!

3. Jake says:

Wanting to know if this problem is fixable. This is a Vizio E701i-A3. Any help would be appreciated. https://imgur.com/gallery/GPTp3

4. Vincent Ofor says:

I owed a vizio tv with hard metal around the screen for many years and it fell many times and nothing happened to the screen. Recently I bought D-series with 32 inches, and just little drops, the screen shatters, and I have exchange it twice because I have a three years insurance. I will return it and never to buy it again because it is too fragile.

5. corina shaler says:

our fairly new 30 inch vizio tv turns on all by itself. it is not hooked up to any cable since it is a smart tv. so we have netflicks on it. this takes several steps to get a program to start playing. you have to select it from a list. yet my tv turns on with a program already playing!! the power button on the tv will not turn it off. nor will the remote. even after removing the batteries and replacing them. the only option after it turns itself on is to unplug it. this is not the first time this has happened. we have another vizio big screen tv in our living room…55 inch. its turned on by itself as well. it is not a smart tv like the 30″ is. so the remotes can turn it back off.
    the program that was playing this last time was “twilight zone” …and no…the irony is not lost on me…lol
    not sure if it is a electrical issue or a supernatural one at this point…lol

6. Dusty says:

Vizio m60 has a static look to everything hdr related netflix casting and ps4 pro

7. DICK BURKHALTER says:

55 INCH VISIO WHICH I PURCHASED FROM COSCO WHICH HAD A TWO YEAR WARRANTY . TV WENT OUT ABOUT 13 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE . THE MOTHER BOARD WAS REPLACED,I BELIEVE . NOW THREE YEARS SENSE PURCHASE THE PICTURE COME ON FOR A FEW MINUTES THAN GOES BLANK ,THAN ALTERNATES ON AND OFF EVERY 30 SECONDS . THE VOICE STAYS ON ALL THE TIME . ANYONE HAVING THIS PROBLEM? AND WHAT WAS THE PROBLEM AND COST TO FIX THE PROBLEM?
    DICK

8. Jenny says:

I bought a Vizio , when I plugged it in everything worked great until I turned it to a local station and football was on and it was in Spanish. I checked my language settings and English was selected so there was no way to change or stop it. I also experienced on the same channel that certain shows will have” caption max” where when watching the entire show I get a play by play of a mans voice of what’s happening before it happens , and once again there is no where in the settings to shut it off. Has anyone else experienced this? If so please tell me how to fix it. I’ve always owned Vizio Tv’s and have never had this problem before

9. ben had says:

I learned the hard way that setting my backlight to 100% will burn out the backlite leds or power supply in less than 3 months with 12 hrs a day use.

10. Tammy Kelly says:

Is there anyone know if you can lighten the color without the remote?

11. Marilyn Montoya says:

I have not found any information on my audio problem with my Vizio 42 inch flatscreen A day or so ago we noticed that almost everyone has developed a lisp when pronouncing the “S” sound. Like listening to Sylvester the cat. Nuts, I know! The female voices are more noticeable. The TV is less that a year old.

It sounds like the reptile conspiracy is HERE! lol

12. frontncenter says:

This is a common issue. It’s caused by an over screwing problem behind your pants. You have to bend over to see it better.

13. alan lowman says:

my 65 inch vizio model 650i-b2 the input selector wont fiunction .with no remote and the rempote will only turn on the television thats all

14. Dixie says:

we are not able to get the channels to change on our VIZO tv. The remote changes the channels but the picture will not change

15. daniel says:

hi i have a 50 inch vizio smart tv that wont turn on so i grabbed my multimeter and its getting it power 5vlt stanby power and 12 vlt but when i push power bitton the standby light light comes on blue for few secs n then fades out n tv wont turn on please help i even give my cell im desperate lol i bought off a buddy for 50 bucks i jus need to k ow if its still the power board issue or main board u can txt me or email or respond to this post 402 874 0960 thank u n my model number is e500i-b1

16. Jay Clow says:

Vizio TV turns on, blue screen appears with message NO INPUT for about 2-3 seconds, then shuts off.

With TV off, pressing the TV Input button (A/V) gets the same result.

Unplugged the TV to reboot. Same result.

Any ideas out there?

17. Ken Griffin says:

How do I contact Vizio for warranty repair? I have lost my book.

18. chasdee says:

I have a 2008 Vizio 32″ flat screen HD tv. I recently moved it from a bedroom location to another room in the house. It has now developed a 2″ to 3″ vertical band in the display that looks like a negative colour image. Any ideas about causes and possible repair solutions?

19. Mike James says:

I have a 50″ Vizio E500i-B1….Its not quite two years old…It can take from 3 tries to 12 or more to get the tv to come on….Sometimes the tv turns off by itself…Once I get the tv on I leave it on…And today it has started doing the picture going off but still have audio….It turns into a 50″ flat screen radio…..I wont purchase another vizio….

20. Larry H says:

I have an M60 4k TV and after the warranty expired the TV started acting weird when I switched inputs (Apple TV to Cable or DVD and back to Cable) The screen started “pixelating” and acting as if the signal went bad. The only fix is to restart the TV. I thought it was my 3500 Bose system but hooked it up to a Samsung TV I have it worked great. So, the conclusion is that the TV is hosed and out of warranty.

What does it cost to replace a Motherboard of ribbon cable in one of these TVs? Worse case scenario, I buy a competitor product and use this as target practice.

21. J. D. MORRISON says:

Have a new D24-D1. When I turn on a box appears in middle of screen: NO RGB SIGNAL. TV WILL BE TURNED OFF. Then it turns off. Can I fix?

22. David spitler says:

My vizio to has sound but no pitcher

23. A. Darroch says:

I have a 6 yr old Vizio 42″ HD TV. After 4 years the sound failed. I had to buy a speaker and have someone attach it. There are black splotches all over the screen. I am vastly disappointed in this product and in Dell who manufactures it.

Leave A Comment...